As much we’d love the world to be completely paperless, if you’re not filing your tax forms electronically then you’ll need special paper—but what special paper?
Below is the detailed list by form. To simplify the process, the forms are available in multi-quantity packs at the AccountMate Forms website so we’ve also listed the product item numbers.
- Federal copy on 2-up on perforated blank paper—Items # 5207, 5222
- State, employee and employer copies on 4-up on perforated blank paper—Items # 5209, 5221 (Note: Employee copy can have the instructions printed on the back, but this is not required.)
Please note: If you use the Aatrix efiling option for your Payroll Tax Forms, then employees may directly import the W-2 data into their Intuit TurboTax, H&R Block or TaxAct personal tax filing software.
- On plain paper only for Federal filing
- Federal 1095 and 1094—both use plain paper (Note: For the Employee copy, you can either buy paper with pre-printed instructions on the back or use a plain paper and print the instructions on another sheet of paper.)
- Federal copy on RED PREPRINTED 2-up perforated pre-printed form—Item # 5110
- State, recipient and payer copies on 4-up perforated blank paper—Item # 5221 (Note: Recipient copy can have the instructions printed on the back, but this is not required.)
- Federal copy on RED PREPRINTED 3-up pre-printed form for federal filing—Item # NEC5110
- State, recipient and payer copies on 4-up perforated blank paper—Item # 5221 (Note: Recipient copy can have the instructions printed at the back, but this is not required.)
- Federal transmission on RED pre-printed form—Item # 5100
Note: 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC and 1096 forms must be printed via the integrated Aatrix utility and the supported form is 4-up for 1099 state/recipient/payer copies. If you purchased 2-up or 3-up forms, you may print using the Federal option and produce satisfactory reports.